“How can we know anything about ourselves if we always keep moving?”
One of my yoga teachers said this in a class once and I have never forgotten it. I recall it often, not just in my yoga practice, but in life too. In all the rushing around and getting things done, what did I actually know about myself and why did I even need to know anything about myself?
Yoga is about so much more than flexibility and strength, it’s about more than breathing and relaxation too but they are all a good place to start.
When I first started attending yoga classes about nine years ago, I couldn’t arch my back to roll along my spine let alone do a shoulderstand. Slowly, slowly, over many years, I started to see the importance of standing still and I watched my body respond, felt it opening up and learning to relax.
Inspired by how quietly yoga had become important in my life I went to India to further my practice and knew I wanted to share it with others.
I love teaching yoga, and I hope you will enjoy practicing with me.
Events this person is involved with:
- Hatha Flow with Joanna
- Sivananda Workshop with Joanna
- Winter Solstice Workshop
- Hatha Flow Yoga for Beginners
- New Moon in Pisces Workshop
- New Moon in Taurus Workshop
- New Moon in Gemini Workshop
- New Moon in Cancer Workshop
- New Moon in Leo Workshop
- New Moon in Virgo Workshop
- New Moon in Libra Workshop
- New Moon in Aries Workshop
- Spring Equinox Yoga and Intention Setting Workshop